Helping Individuals Achieve Their Greatest Potential...
Our goal at Pine Valley is to maximize overall quality of life, diminish dysfunctional behaviors, and provide a home which encourages each person to progress to their highest potential.
- Promote wellness to individuals in mind, body, and spirit.
- Provide a stable, community-based home.
- Develop trusting working relationships by providing structure, by being honest and straightforward, and by assisting individuals in learning to take responsibility for their decisions and actions.
- Provide active, individualized, and consistent case management.
- Assist clients in recognizing, learning and utilizing socially appropriate behavior.
- Provide opportunities for clients to engage in appropriate and meaningful interactions in our facilities, communities and with our neighbors.
- Develop an attitude of seeking solutions rather than avoidance of problems.
- Engage clients in using thinking strategies to develop solutions to issues or problems.
- Listen openly to ideas and seek solutions as a member of a team.
- Simplify the treatment of clients by teaching them to value intrinsic rewards thus reducing the reliance on temporary external rewards. Our programs do not utilize physical restraints of any kind.
- Strive to find ways to motivate each client to their highest potential through the use of positive behavioral strategies and allowing for natural consequences.
- Encourage volunteerism and an attitude of giving back to our community through various projects and activities.
- Provide clients an opportunity to grow into more independent living situations or to try another residential setting if the current arrangement is not working.
Adult Family Homes: Structured Community –Based Living
Our Adult Family Home facilities provide a community-based, home-like living environment for clients in need of 24-hour supervision and more intensive, structured, therapeutic programs. We provide programming and supervision at individual levels based on client need.
- We have the ability to perform mental health assessments and make recommendations for treatment. Treatment and integrated programming available as an additional contract for services.
- Increased supervision as needed for individual clients.
- 24-hour on-call crisis support for individual clients as needed.
- Specialized on-site or community work programs are available with an additional contract for services.
Supervised Apartment Facilities: A Step Towards Independence
Our Supervised Facilities are truly unique in that they provide clients the opportunity to live in a less restrictive environment than our Adult Family Homes while maintaining a level of support and supervision which may be necessary to ensure ongoing success.
- Programs allow for client individuality and changing needs.
- Designed to transition clients into the least restrictive and most independent setting possible.
- Can be monitored with alarmed doors, wireless surveillance, and/or individualized staffing.
- Transportation, supervision and assistance with meal planning, grocery shopping, medication administration, medical trips, cooking, cleaning, and other household duties.
- Weekly outings in the community as well as opportunities to participate in all of the activities of the Adult Family Homes.
- Individual and group therapy and/or support group participation is also available for clients in these facilities with additional contracting for services.